Sunday, September 23, 2012

A day in the life of...

Brinkerhoffs, this is especially for you.
"Moments are the molecules of eternity."
Every hour on (or near) the hour here is a snapshot of what our everyday life is like
or at least was like one day this week.
I invite you (anyone) to do the same and then share it with me.  
We have dressed, eaten, watched cartoons, started laundry, emptied the dishwasher... you get the point- and now we are stacking firewood outside.

 Time for 2nd breakfast and morning nap for the little guy- I rock him and get in a little computer time.  This is when I used to just and skype Ukraine. Nobody there anymore. 
 By ten I am done weeding and have time to cut a little wood outside for the kids to paint a little 4x4 pumpkin patch.
 11 o clock found us switching loads- need to get 3 loads done today. I take a little time to admire my new laundry crates that still need to be sanded and steel wool/ vinegar stained.
 Just finished lunch and the three quiet down with some Word World. Nate just likes to be with the other 2 and is not as much into the show.
 While I stepped outside to help Mark unload another load of firewood Camilla painted fingers and toes. Lucky for me she only got the paint on fingers and toes.
 Snack time today they got chocolate sixlets candies. They play so well these days(except when they don't). I like the hair comparison that this picture shows.
 A special trip today with everybody when the boys should be napping.
 Driving around town in between the Depot and Target I hear my car pleading for a good scrub (don't worry I was not driving).
 Our special trip was in honor of our big boy Spencer.  With basically no effort on my part I think I can say that he is potty trained.  He is well pleased with his new underpants!
 I haven't cleaned up our cornbread crumbs yet- crock pot soup night.
 Freshly showered I now have time to get to work on the fair booth signs (I should have done it the other way around, but I have to jump at the opportunity to take a shower when I get that chance).
 He still hasn't gone to sleep- the poor middle man won't keep clothes on because he is so upset about not getting to wear his briefs to bed. "no diaper!" We tried putting  Cami's pull ups on him- "no! no! cami's!" I jot down boy pull-ups on my shopping list. 
End the day painting signs in the kitchen. 

Yes, another great day in the life of...

2 comments:

  1. Love this..tick tock, tick tock!! And by the way, crumbs don't get cleaned up till much later than 6 pm around here on most days ;) Hooray for never scheduled showers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be doing the same in the near future. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete