Friday, January 11, 2013

House update

Here is a glimpse  of the slump stone fireplace my mother helped me stain and Mark pressure washing to get ready to paint the exterior. 
 We also fixed the roof of the back patio- a little rain proves our new roof to be leak proof.

 Little Nate now has 10 teeth.  He is the most pleasant child! It has been harder to keep track of when his teeth come in because he is nearly always happy.
 The rain made it a little harder on the kids but they found ways to be helpful inside.
I have trimmed out all the doors- (all hung) where we will be putting carpet as well as the baseboard there and all the windows are trimmed, cased and caulked.
This is where my magic happens. You can see where we replaced the bottom half of the drywall- some areas we cut out 4 ft some 2ft and some just a few inches.

It's coming!

3 comments:

  1. The stained brick looks fantastic. So does the trim. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've trimmed out the doors! Did you really do this on your own? Impressive. You stained the brick? What did it look like before? We have another fireplace in the basement and I need some ideas, I liked what I saw! I didn't realize how serious of a remodel you were tackling! Wow! Its looking great and looks like a lot of hard work, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete